Welcome to the beginning of the Florida Summer 7s Season, this year we are returning a more traditional Florida 7s season. We hope to see a large amount of teams participating in all of the tournaments across the summer.
2019 Summer Schedule
- June 8th – Surfin 7’s – Palm Beach
- June 15th – Rusted Knights 7s – Orlando — 1st USA Rugby Nationals Qualifier (Southern Conference)
- June 22nd – Shipwreck 7’s – Sebastian
- July 13th – Fiji 7s – Miami – sponsored by New York Life
- July 20th – Raleigh, NC – 2nd USA Rugby Nationals Qualifier (Southern Conference) – Hosted by Carolinas Rugby
- August 3rd – Beerfoot 7s – Naples
Each tournament will have slightly different structures and divisions. Please check each tournaments facebook event pages to see the divisions.
Adult Open Divisions
Any registered team with USA Rugby(College or Senior Rugby) can enter any of the Tournaments this summer. All players must registered with USA Rugby, the maximum roster size for each tournament is 13 players. Further details on subs and general tournament rules will be sent for each tournament. We encourage all teams and/or groups of players to enter the tournaments these great competitive and social events for everyone involved.
New U19s Series
The Youth Union is also adding a two tournament series along with an All Star team to travel to Cape Fear 7s. So far they have four teams 100% committed for two tournaments (Jacksonville, Tampa, Palm Beach & Indian River) more are welcome to join in team wishing to participate must email Evan Haigh @ email@example.com
The two tournament series will be
- Rusted Knights 7s – June 15th – Orlando
- Shipwrecked 7s – June 22nd – Sebastian
- All Star Event – Cape Fear 7s – July 6th/7th – Wilmington, NC
Men’s & Women’s National Qualification
Qualification too Nationals like last year is a two tournament series, however this year there is a month gap in between the two tournaments. Florida is hosting the first tournament this year in Orlando (Rusted Knights 7s – June 15th) followed by Carolinas hosting in Raleigh, NC on July 20th.
The Southern Conference 7s Committee has set a combined entry fee of $500 for both tournaments. This is ensure that all teams competing in the first tournament in Orlando will participate in the second tournament in Raleigh. Please note only teams wishing to Qualify to Nationals and play in both the Qualifying tournaments will be allowed to enter the Qualifying
USA Rugby has set a extra requirements
- Complete details on Nationals can be found here – https://www.usaclub7s.com
- Teams must enroll their clubs – Register your club today – all teams competing in Club 7s qualifiers are required to enroll via the above link.
- Teams will be able to carry rosters comprised of 9 U.S. citizens and a maximum of 3 or 4* legally-residing non-citizens at Club 7s qualifiers and the USA Rugby Club 7s National Championship. This change is to simplify individual player eligibility. * Each Roster may include a maximum of three (3) players who are not U.S. citizens or four (4) provided that one of these players is a Green Card holder.
- The South has been allocated (1) Men’s Seed & (2) Women’s Seeds. Which means the highest placed men’s team and top two women’s after the two tournaments will qualify to Nationals.