|1/30/21||Wellington – 15 @ Okapi – 50|
Okapi – 82 @ Key Biscayne – 5
|2/24/21||Okapi – 24 @ Wellington – 15|
Key Biscayne @ Wellington
|3/13/21||Key Biscayne – 7 @ Okapi – 81|
Wellington @ Key Biscayne
Top 2 playoff for State Championships
ARCHIVED 2020 Season Schedul
- Each team plays each other home and away
- 6 game season, the best team after 6 round is considered the U16 League Champions
|Date||Game (1)||Game (2)|
|Feb 1st||Sarasota (12) @ Key Biscayne (37)
||Okapi @ Wellington
|Feb 8th||Key Biscayne @ Okapi||Sarasota @ Wellington|
|Feb 15th||Wellington @ Key Biscayne||Okapi @ Sarasota|
|Feb 22nd||Key Biscayne @ Sarasota||Wellington @ Okapi|
|Feb 29th||Wellington @ Sarasota||Okapi @ Key Biscayne|
|Mar 7th||Sarasota @ Okapi||Key Biscayne @ Wellington|
|Mar 14th||Spring Breaks
Sarasota (Mar 14 & 21)
Okapi (Mar 21 & 28)
Key Biscayne (Mar 21 & 28)
Wellington (Mar 21 & 28)
- League games are to be ideally played 15 on 15 but can be played with reduced number to ensure matches are played. The minimum is 13 on 13 though for a match to count. We do not wnat games to begin with uneven amounts of players.
- To ensure that teams can field squads for matches, teams are allowed to field players who are within 3months of age cut off (there June 1st is the date we will look for this).
- Game lengths are 70 minutes, 2×35 min halves.
- Matches are to follow World Rugby U19s regulations, however, upon agreement of coaches adjustments can be made for substitutes(ie. rolling subs)
- U16 players are not restricted to playing U16s only however, they must not play more 90 minutes in a given match day
- Results are to be reported through the same channels as U19s divisions
- The general principle of the U16s division to get the younger players within the HS division playing against each other.
- The State Championship Tournament will be on different weekend than the U19s division games to encourage more teams to enter the State Tournament.
Florida Cup Tournament
- April 18th, 2020
- We add further teams who have enough players who age eligible for the U16 age group (Jacksonville, Cape, Boynton and others)
- Games similar to U19 Florida Cup, shorten to allow for multiple games in a day.
Archive — 2019 Season Results & Schedule
|Day||Date||Visiting Team||Score||Home Team||Score||Notes|
|Sat||1/26||Boynton||0||Cape||0||Forfeit Boynton – Game played|
|Sat||3/2||Cape||0||Sarasota||25||Forfeit Cape (But game played)|
|Sat||3/9||Sarasota||0||Okapi||25||Forfeit Sarasota (But game played)|
Please note, the FYRU uses the Development Rule where the scores are adjusted to a maximum +25 points difference
Top three teams advance to playoffs, those 3 teams will be seeded 1 through 3.
Due three teams forfeiting and not playing during the season. That leave only Okapi and Wellington left to contest to Championship match on April 13th at the State Championships in Wellington
State Championships – Saturday April 13th
- Wellington v Okapi
FYRU Policy For Determining Top Seeds For Conference Standing
- Most total points are the top two teams a (4 for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss)
- If there is a tie, then the tie breakers in order are:
- If a team forfeited a match during the season, they are not eligible for a bye.
- Best won/lost percentage for total games played, counting draws but ignoring forfeits (a forfeit is not really a win)
- Fewest points per match given up (again, not counting forfeits). This takes into account a team may have played one more or one less match than another team due to forfeit or a schedule mismatch.
- Coin flip.