Florida Collegiate Conference (FCC) – Men’s Division 1
Our objective for creating the Florida Collegiate Conference is to provide conditions where growth can occur for all the College teams in Florida.
|Playoffs + Date||Team 1 (Host Team)||Team 2 (Away Team)|
|April 2nd – Q/F #1||2nd Place – UCF (36)||7th Place – FAU (21)|
|April 2nd – Q/F #2||3rd Place – UNF (18)||6th Place – UF (12)|
|April 2nd – Q/F #3||4th Place – FIU (34)||5th Place – USF (26)|
|April 9th – S/F #1||FSU||UNF|
|April 9th – S/F #1||UCF||FIU|
|April 16th – Champions||Highest S/F – Winning Seed|
The FCC is following the traditional USA Rugby eligibility requirements, the general requirement for all students to be eligible to play within league games is:
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student at your that you are attempting to wishing to play for
- Must be in good standing with your school that you are attempting to play for
- Must be within 5 years of graduating High School — For the 2021/22 Season – Graduated from HS in 2017 or later
FCC Eligibility Document & Registrar Document – Click Here
- All teams must have their school sign and stamp their eligibility document, this eligibility document must be sent to email@example.com.
- In the event a student does not meet these above requirements, they may apply for a waiver to firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply applying for a waiver does not grant the player eligibility to participate within the league matches.
FCC Waiver Documents – Click Here for the FRU Waiver Form
- Waivers will be granted on these broad guidelines and they can be adjusted by the FCC commissioner depending on the size of the school
- 6th & 7th-year waivers for players who with undergrads or full-time grad students but have not played 5 played five years of rugby post High School graduation. (General Rule 7 to play 5) — For the 2021/22 Season – Graduated from HS in 2015 or later
- Not full time based on normal school course load requirements
- Graduate students who have not played five years of rugby since graduation from High School, must not have graduated High School more than 7 years ago — For the 2021/22 Season – Graduated from HS in 2015 or later
- Graduating seniors who have declared to graduate and are not full-time — Must be graduating within 2 semesters of the current season.
- Other extenuating situations to be considered by the FCC commissioner
COMPLETED SCHOOL ELIGIBILITY FORMS
- FAU Men’s Rugby – Registrars Document
- FIU Men’s Rugby – Registrars Document
- FIU Men’s Men’s Rugby – Missing Information FRU clarification
- FSU Men’s Rugby – Registrars Document
- UF Men’s Rugby – Registrars Document
- UCF Men’s Rugby – Registrars Document
- UNF Men’s Rugby – Registrars Document
- USF Men’s Rugby – Registrars Document
WAIVER PLAYERS 2022
MORE ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
- Review of topics for the Summit.
- Kyle van Deventer joins us today to chat up all things referee.
- Nick Lane from FIU joins me to debrief this past year.
- Peter Laurence joins me to do a debrief on this past FCC season. We look back and look ahead and meander a few places.
- Alex Goff joins us again on the Podcast. We talk about the upcoming final and quite a bit about the national landscape.
- Evan Haigh joins me as we try to pick apart some lessons from Mike Gomez and their success at FSU this year.
- As we get close to the end of the season, a couple of items to keep in mind…
- Murray Alford joins us to discuss and reflect on his time as USF President and student leadership.
- We had some assistant coaches join us today to discuss the Pre Season Coaches Poll we just completed. We also had special guest, Alex Goff of the Goff Rugby Report, join us as well to give his insights and opinions about this poll and other topics. Be sure to check out Goffrugbyreport.com for more from […]
- Coaches Ken, Ron, and Mike join Evan and I to discuss what the ideal match day conditions looks like.
- Develop higher-performing collegiate play, that will result in the ability for our teams to compete against the best colleges in the country.
- Develop sustainable and well-resourced clubs that are working towards performance.
- Control the macro schedule which encourages growth.
- Offer both 15s and 7s Florida Championship Annually.
- Create partnerships and pathways to encourage FCC teams to compete regionally and nationally when possible.
- Develop and utilize the Florida College Representative program that provides for player advancement and tour opportunities.