2019 Summer Schedule
- June 8th – Surfin 7’s – Palm Beach
- June 15th – Todd Miller 7s – Orlando — 1st USA Rugby Nationals Qualifier (Southern Conference)
- June 22nd – Shipwreck 7’s – Sebastian
- July 13th – Fiji 7s – Miami
- July 20th -1st USA Rugby Nationals Qualifier (Southern Conference) – Hosted by Carolinas (Location to be Determined)
- August 3rd – Beerfoot 7s – Naples
2019 USA Rugby National Qualification Process
- The Southern Conference receives (1) seed to nationals for the Men and (2) seeds for the Women’s teams. These seeds are determined by a two tournament series, the team with the highest series points after the 2nd tournament will receive Southern Conference’s seeds to Nationals.
- Teams wishing participate in the Qualifying Division of Qualifying Tournament must enter both tournaments. The tournament entry fee for the 1st tournament will include the entry fee for the second tournament.
- To play at Nationals, players must have played in at least one qualifying tournament, as well as one other rostered tournament during the 7s season (Florida has nominated Fiji 7s & Shipwrecked 7s to be our additional rostered tournaments).
- Every team cannot have more than 3 players that aren’t U.S. citizens (verified by birth certificate and/or U.S. passport)
- The creation Open Qualification Tournaments, (1) East Coast and (1) West Coast. Only teams that have played in 7s qualifying tournaments in the previous 3 years *and* participate in all available qualifiers in their region in 2019 are eligible to enter this tournament. The Open Tournament date and its location is still yet to be determined by USA Rugby.
High Performance 7s – Rugby Development Academy
HP Sevens program is the perfect gateway for the state’s top rugby athletes to get a chance to represent their country on an international stage. One of the programs goals is to get the Florida HP Sevens program recognized as an Olympic Development Academy, which would give every player in the state the opportunity to get a chance to be chosen for the USA Eagles Olympic Pathway.
- Interested in 7s High Performance? Contact our 7s Director Steve Braunstein.
- Click Here to see Head Coach Ronnie Suarez Profile
- Tournament Application Form Link Here
- The summer 7s will be our first time rolling out the new application and guideline process. For those interested in hosting a summer 7s tournament, February 5 will be the first deadline for applications hosting tournaments. On Feb 12, a second application cycle will open for dates and venues that have not yet been selected and will close February 19. After that applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Paypal payments link for Tournament Organizers/Application Fee
- What does your payment get your club
- The ability to host a tournament as apart of the Florida Summer Sevens Series
- Tournament Promotion and Online Registration
- Creation of the Tournament schedule
- Help with obtaining USA Rugby Sanctioning which allows FRRA referees to referee the tournament.- start process 4 weeks prior to event. contact FRU for assistance.
Tournament Alcohol Policy
Clubs that want to host a High School or Youth division in their tournament can provide a sectioned off beer garden with a vendor that is licensed to serve alcohol at the event. This will provide an area where alcohol can be enjoyed while also providing an area where transfer of alcohol to those underage could be monitored. If a tournament cannot support this requirement, they would have two additional options. One would be to ban alcohol from the playing fields/area or to not host a high school/youth division at their event.
Please note all checks must be made out to “Florida Rugby Union”. Please address the letter Evan Haigh, Florida Rugby Union, 1330 Aguacate Ct, Orlando, Florida, 32837)
Tournament Organizers – Click on these links for informational documents