If you are interested in becoming a referee in the state of Florida and want to be notified when we offer referee courses or for more information about becoming a ref, please fill out this contact form. We will refund your course fee after you call (3) fifteen’s matches (high school, college, or senior rugby) and we will pay you $500 if you call (8) fifteen’s matches (on different days) and can achieve 10-6 score on the beep test within a year of certification. The Florida Rugby Union is sponsoring this program to incentivize more fit people to become active referees in the state. https://goo.gl/forms/ulqVJ1JjC79nF6Tq1
CURRENT REFEREES: Please send us your payment preference using this form so we can reimburse AR fees, pay for State Championship Matches, and other costs reimbursed by the FRU – https://forms.gle/6L6vWY86nWLoGFpR9
- Referee Match Assignments
- Referee Match Report (Includes Referee Card Report)
- ALL RED & YELLOW CARDS MUST BE REPORTED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE GAME using the Referee Report Form
Match Fee Pay Scale Per Game
- All Referees $80 ($1 per minute, paid by Home Team)
- AR’s $40 (paid by Home Team)
- Referee Coach/Assessor $20 (paid by FRRA)
This is protocol for all matches. Specific protocols for friendly/league games are listed below:
- Assignments will be posted no later than the Monday prior to the match.
- The referee then needs to be confirmed with KO and match location no later than the Wednesday prior to the match.
- If you do not confirm your referee by Wednesday they will be re-assigned and you WILL NOT get a referee for your match.
- If you confirm then cancel after the Wednesday deadline (Thursday onward) then you will be charged the referee match fee. If this is due to a last minute cancellation by a visiting FRU club the home club can petition FRU to bill the visiting club the match fee.
- The referee’s match fee is paid by the home club at the venue on the day in accordance with the fee schedule listed below ($80 per match, abbreviated matches ie. B games will be paid at a rate of $1.00 per minute not to exceed normal match fee of $80). Ref fees are paid prior to kickoff.
- Referees are to be requested via the FRRA VP for friendly matches. Ross Devonport can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests do not need to be made for league games. Please do not contact other referee societies to request referees.
- Referee Travel Costs will be reimbursed by the FRRA for mileage for league/friendly matches.
Standard game times are as follows for each division:
- 11:00 Am – Youth & Middle School
- 12:00 PM – High School
- 1:00 PM – Senior Women or College Women
- 2:00 PM – Senior Men or College Men
If multiple matches are to be played at the same venue and an additional warm-up pitch is not available, the following will apply:
In general the precedent would be the “least senior” team plays first and then we have the most senior team playing last, with “senior” being dictated by age. If both teams have the same seniority, say in terms of women and men both being D2 or 2 colleges, the women will play first.
- All League Schedules are sent by the General Manager to the FRRA on behalf of all clubs.
- The referee’s travel expenses and the assistant referee’s travel expenses (if assigned) are reimbursed by the FRRA for League games but not for friendly games.
- When certified assistant referees are assigned or requested, the home club is responsible for the match fee to each individual AR.
- Any changes to matches, league or friendly, need to be confirmed with the FRRA and Florida Rugby
- Referees are to be requested via the FRRA VP for all matches including friendlies. Ross Devonport can be contacted via email@example.com
- The club requesting the referee is responsible for the payment of the match fee at the venue on the day of the match prior to KO.
Further Policies and Documents