After last season’s success, we plan to repeat the same structure for this upcoming season with some minor adjustments and additions. This will allow us to achieve both a competitive and geographical balance for everyone as well providing a pathway for Nationals for Premier (USAR Div 2) and Division 3. Adjustments primarily reflect match requirements for National eligibility.
Please note schedules for Women’s Premiers, Women College, and Men’s College will be posted in the coming weeks. Youth and U19s schedules will be posted in October.
Nationals for Premier & Division 3
- Nationals is returning this year for both Premier (Division 2) and Division 3 which means that we will need to have playoffs slightly earlier than last year to allow for South Regionals and Nationals.
- We still are waiting on the exact structure of Nationals and Souths but we hope to have those to share with everyone within the next few weeks.
- Below are the schedules for both Division 4 and the Hybrid Premier & Division 3
- Further Below are detailed notes explaining each division’s structures
- Each club is requested to complete this feedback/approval of the schedule by next Friday, August 6th. –CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE YOUR FEEDBACK–
Men Division 4
This division continues to go from strength to strength; we now have (15) teams within this division. We have split these teams into 5 groups.
- South (Ft Lauderdale, Okapi & South Florida)
- Central (Daytona & Indian River/Claymores)
- North (Tallahassee, Lakeland & Ocala)
- College (Ave Maria, Eckerd & University of Miami)
- B-Sides (Naples D-4, Orlando D-4, Tampa D-4 & Tridents D-4)
Each team will play (6) games, which includes Home & Away within their group then remaining as crossover matches. We have tried to limit the travel for teams as well as giving them a good mix of teams to play.
- The B-sides will not be advancing to playoffs, but all of their matches will count towards the final standings.
- The top two teams from the four other groups will advance to the playoffs
- Playoffs will be quarterfinals, semi-finals, and finals – highest seeds will host.
- Seeds will be in this order: (1. North, 2. Central, 3. South, 4. College, 5. North, 6. Central, 7. South, 8. College)
Men’s Premier and Division 3
After the success of last season’s regional hybrid model, we have decided to keep the same format with some slight changes to ensure that are we able to meet the new USA Rugby Councils guidelines for advancement to Nationals and that all matches count towards the team standings.
- Same last season (Naples, Tampa, Pelicans, and Sarasota)
- Playing a complete home and away season 6 games
- Naples and Tampa advance to the Premier Division playoffs in either as West #1 or #2
- Combined North & South
- Premier Division Teams (Tridents, Boca, Miami & Orlando)
- Division 3 Teams (Palm Beach, Brevard, Jacksonville & Gainesville)
- Each team plays (6) games, a combination of matches within your division (playing each divisional team at least once), and regional matches.
- This hybrid schedule limits travel for each team to only one long trip in the regular season and it ensures that all matches will effectively count towards standings for playoffs.
- All teams will advance to their respective divisional playoffs
- Playoffs will be quarterfinals, semi-finals, and finals – highest seeds will host quarters & Semi. Like last year the two highest seeded teams will receive a bye for the quarterfinals.
- Seeds will be in this order for the Premier Division: (1. East #1, 2. West #1, 3. East #2, 4. West #2, 5. East #3, 6. East #4)
- Seeds will be in this order for Division 3: (1. East #1, 2. East #2, 3. West #1, 4. East #3, 5. West #2, 6. East #4)
Please complete your feedback by next Friday, August 6th. –CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE YOUR FEEDBACK–